Monday 30 July 2012

London 2012


If you had asked me a week ago would I be watching the Olympics, I probably would have given you a look that said 'I'd rather poke my eyes out with a blunt rusty spork' but HOW THE TABLES HAVE TURNED!

I managed to avoid the olympic ceremony on Friday night by watching the Ukulele Orchestra of GB then stubbornly ignoring the TV in the pubs, chatting and playing ukulele's with my friends. But the constant chatter about James Bond, fairytales and nightmares and nurses boogieing caught my interest. So I watched it on Iplayer.... then we started watching swimming events on TV and then I couldn't stop checking the live news feeds at work and now I want to watch it all!

Sucked in as usual to the hype. So far I have been thoroughly impressed by:

Ryan Lochte

Ryan Lochte


Shiwen Ye- 400 meter medley and she smashes the world record- all of that and she is only 16!



Shiwen Ye



And finally

Lizzie Armitstead for just being brilliant in the road race, in THAT weather.

Lizzie Armitstead

So far it has been entertaining and interesting- looking forward to watching some more! Congratulations to all of the athletes on their fantastic performances.

No comments:

Post a Comment