Tuesday 13 November 2012

Ed Fairburn



'An original and iconic Rubik’s Cube, covered in trimmed British postage stamps (six different colours to correspond with the six faces), with a delivery address written across the cube. It was a problem trying to find a postbox that would accommodate this, but I struck gold on Albany Road. This was a more conceptual piece of postal art - it was about anonymously presenting a challenge to the Royal
 Mail, seeing if they would solve a jumbled puzzle in order to make the delivery. To my surprise, they solved it through trial and error, and delivered it with a knock on the door.


(I have a long-standing habit of abusing the postal system, ever since I glued a stamp to a slice of toast and turned it into a mailable postcard)'

Ed Fairburn

http://edfairburn.com/ 




I love this idea so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment