Sunday 2 September 2012

The One



Head in her hands, through her muffled tears she told me 'If you meet the right one never let him go'.

This cheesy advice heard thousands of times in movies suddenly meant something coming from her. Panic coursed through me as my head filled with thousands of questions. But one burned brighter than the rest:

Was he the one?

A old fear I had buried deep away allowed its self time in the sun again. Being with him had made me happy, happier than with anyone else before him. But did that mean he was 'right'? Time suddenly felt like it was running out, and my palms were sweaty. Had I made a mistake?

Finally the sensible side of my consciousness gave me the shake I needed.

Paranoia, and myths.

He wasn't for me. It was just a fling.

After all, I don't think there is such thing as the perfect 'one'.

No comments:

Post a Comment