Saturday 2 June 2012

Old and the new

I went to write in my diary tonight and all the loose (precious) junk fell out. Cue me rifling through it all, curious about what was in the pile.


Photos, tickets, postcards, money left over from holidays, business cards and this:


A business card for The George hotel in Stamford. One of the last places I visited with my Grandad. So this post is a little bit of a continuation of things I remember about my Grandad (I can imagine that some of you who read this are thinking 'So what', but hey, my blog my rules. This is what I want to write about). That day was perfect. I love how Grandad always seemed to know everything- As we strolled out onto the main street after a delicious meal (yum), he was telling me about how it was one of the main through roads in the horse and cart days and pointing out structural things about the building and all sorts of little facts that unfortunately are lost to me. I wish I had a better memory! But I have always been more of a visual person.   







No comments:

Post a Comment