Tuesday 20 March 2012

Iceberg





Sometimes
I feel like an iceberg,
only showing one thing or nothing
but underneath a flurry of emotions, feelings and thoughts whir, fighting for my time and attention.
I question and challenge myself daily. I work, I play games, I win.
I plan what I want from the future, the future that will work for me.
I think about my family, my friends. How far away they are, if it is one of their birthdays.
I remember all those who have gone. Where they are and how much I miss them.
I ponder death. What it really means and if I should believe in a religion.
I see something sensational and ask myself could I be brave enough.
I wonder who designs the simple things, like the humble can-opener.
If someone’s in trouble I want to help them, I won’t let them down.
Do I have enough money to last until the next payday?
I wonder if I have made them proud.
I let you see only a part of me.
you believe I’m plain
and simple-
I’m not.



No comments:

Post a Comment